1) Create Ridiculously Amazing Content!
How do YOU Create Ridiculously Amazing Content?
- The first thing a reader sees is your headline, and you need to catch their attention fast- I’m talking in the first 5 seconds! Use these amazing Headline Hacks in this cheat sheet by Jon Morrow.
- Use all the LSI long tail keywords in your posts, so that you rank higher in search engine results click here.
- Create an editorial calendar so that you know what you have to post about in advance and are n’t stuck staring at a white page on the screen with writer’s block. (You can contact me to receive a free editorial calendar just fill in the contact form at the end of the article).
- Take a current controversial topic related to your industry and give your own take on it, use facts and figures not just your own opinion to add authority and credibility to your writing. For example of you are If you are a fitness/weight loss coach you may tear down the latest diet such as the Paleo diet and say why you do not recommend it followed by real life examples from your own experience or based on existing research.
2) Write the post!
- Have a time allotted to just write an outline and do the post research find links, and pictures.
- List posts, always attract attention and traffic and easy to write.
- ‘How to’ or tutorial posts are also extremely popular with readers, add pictures of a before and after using your product/service or a video to increase engagement and sharing. Do not under estimate the power of visuals especially in industries such weigh loss, home renovation/decor, cosmetics, food preparation, and crafts to mention a few.
- Write up a case study of an interesting client (with permission) or do a post on the leading player in your industry.
- If you can write up/record an interview with an important player in your industry.
- Post your content regularly, it doesn’t have to be daily, twice a month is sufficient until you get faster e at writing amazing original content.
3)What now? Share it!
- Use digital marketing by harnessing the power of social media. On social media, be sure to add a snippet or leading tag line to entice your network to click on the link. Use a social media management plug-in like Hootlet to share to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and LinkedIn all at once, and to schedule future posts.
- Add your website address to the signature area at the bottom of your email for instructions click here.
- Submit your site link to Technorati, Triberr, Reditt, Stumbleupon, it works, don’t’ be spammy on Reditt read the sub-reddit rules before you post.
- Send a weekly, bimonthly or monthly newsletter to your email list.
- Talk about your website/blog offline with your friends, colleagues, clients, offline marketing efforts are often based on your existing relationships and therefore likely to be more effective.
- Now that you have started creating amazing content you should offer to guest post on websites that get more traffic than yours by reaching out to the key players in your industry.
- Carry out competitions, challenges, to attract more readers and engage them.
- Run a giveaway, the gift can be anything your readers will find attractive from cosmetics to sample products, to eBooks solving a significant problem, or a free consultation.
- Interact with other players, and customers in your industry offline and online at conferences, or other blogs and email.
Just do it!
Now take action, don’t just close this window and read yet another article on how to get more traffic to find an easier way out.
The hard truth is there is no easy way.
Facebook ads, affiliate marketing and paid search rankings will create short-term spikes that won’t last and often if you are new to the business it will be just a waste of money. So get your head down and start writing those posts!
If you are still stuck or if you have taken action and seeing results I’d love to here from you below.
I read every comment.